Being able to trigger special features like the bonus round of a pokie is one of the most exciting things about playing online pokie machines. Modern game developers understand this, and many produce titles with a built-in Buy Feature facility. This allows players to buy the special feature at any time instead of waiting for it to be triggered naturally. But is a Buy feature worth the money, or would you be better off waiting for it to occur by chance? That's the question we're looking to answer today.
Best NZ Casinos to Play Bonus Buy Pokies
How Does the Buy Feature in Bonus Buy Pokies Work?
The Buy Feature facility — also known as the Bonus Buy option — is usually accessed by clicking a button or banner to the left or right of the online pokie grid. You will then be invited to buy the feature for a fixed price. This is usually a multiple of the amount you would be on a single spin of the reels, such as 50 or 100 times your bet. Some games give you several feature options and a different required fee for each, according to their expected value.
Advantages of Buying Features
There are several advantages of buying features instead of waiting for them to be triggered in the usual manner. Here are the main ones:
- Buying the feature means you can get straight to the heart of the game even if you only have a short period of time to play. This makes the bonus buy facility ideal for when you are playing on your coffee break.
- When you buy the feature, you can trigger it for a known cost. If you wait for it to be triggered naturally, you have no idea how much it will cost to get to that point.
- Buying the feature enables you to find out if it's worth pursuing in the future. Some players spend hours on a game, only to discover that they are hugely disappointed by the feature when they eventually trigger it. Paying to trigger it at the outset lets you know what you're in for.
Disadvantages of Buying Features
There are also a couple of disadvantages to buying features instead of triggering them naturally. These are as follows:
- Buying a special feature only guarantees that it will be triggered on the next spin. It doesn't guarantee that you will win more from the feature than the cost of buying it.
- You have no way of knowing whether the cost to buy the feature will be more or less than the cost of triggering it naturally. After all, it might be triggered on the next spin anyway.
Recommended Bonus Buy Feature Pokies
For those of you who decide that you would like to try a few pokies that allow you to select the Buy features on demand, here are a handful of titles that we can recommend with enthusiasm:
- Foxy Wild Heart (BGaming - RTP 96.93%)
- Dead or Alive 2 Feature Buy version (NetEnt - RTP 96.82%)
- Lucky Lady Moon Megaways (BGaming - RTP 96.84%)
- Punk Rocker (Nolimit City - RTP 96.54%)
- Big Bass Splash (Reel Kingdom - RTP 95.67%)
Buy Feature opportunities are becoming increasingly popular among all kinds of pokie players, so you should expect to see this facility being featured in more and more future releases. Of course, whether you decide to take advantage of such facilities, or you opt to trigger special features naturally in a pokie machine is up to you and really a matter of preference. Whatever you decide, you're sure to have a great time playing the pokies that give you more choice, so check out the recommended games today at one of our safe and recommended NZ casinos and have fun.